Saturday, December 20, 2008
Let me start by saying I have permission to tell this story.
Jason and I were on our way home from Quincy tonight, it was cold out and parts of the road had patches of ice.Here is our conversation.
Jason: "Remember that one time we were on our way home from Quincy that one winter --(remember winter) --and there was snow all over the road and as soon as we crossed over into Hancock County the roads were totally clear"
Me: "I do remember that, but I was sure it was summer when that happened"
Jason: "Really, Oh"
Me: (after a few seconds pass, just to see if he catches on) "No Jason it wasn't Summer it was winter".
Jason: " What??"
Me: I start laughing
Jason: Looks at me confused (pause for a second) "You big dork"
Me: "No Jason, I'm pretty sure you're the big dork" I continue to laugh for a few miles.
Oh it's never a dull moment with my husband. I love him. Isn't he great.
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Friday, December 5, 2008
WARNING: Send the kids to the other room, let them play with play doh, let them color on the wall, anything, just don't let them read this post!!!! Oh and if you are a santa hater stop reading as well. or do keep reading to see a different point of view.
I love Santa, I believe in Santa. I know there are some who don't and I am really sad for them. It seems that there are many that think believing in Santa takes away from Christ during Christmas. I see their point of view, but I disagree. At Christmas time what I do see is the magic . The Love for strangers. The random acts of service. People dropping pennies, dollars, even diamond rings (oh yes it does happen) into little red buckets, and people sacrificing warmth to ring a bell while standing next to little red buckets in the bitter cold. I see people buying extra toys, bikes, coats, turkeys, etc. to donate to families less fortunate than themselves. I could go on and on, but I'm guessing you get the point. All of these acts are the pure love of Christ, they go on every Christmas season, often while waring a Santa hat.
This week a question was asked, a tear was shed (by me) a truth was told.
Here is how it played out:
So we are finishing up family home evening and my daughter asks THE question, (the son asked last year)I look at my husband who is sitting behind her and gives me the look like, have fun with this, glad it's you and not me. I stammer, I stall, I then look to my son for help and he says "Mom come on just tell the poor girl" I look back at her and she's standing with her hands on her hips and asks again. I reply do you want to believe, she says "I WANT to know if the big guy in the red suit living in the north pole is really there. I shake my head look at the floor (this is where the tear comes) and say no.
I look up and she's smiling -- not what I expected. I ask how she feels about that, she says "fine". I then tell her the history (according to me, what I mean by that is I really don't know but this is what I think) of Santa. Here goes
A long time ago there was a man by the name of Nicolas he was a saint he did really good things one of which was give gifts to people but didn't want anyone to give him any of the glory. Just like Jesus gave us a gift, the most precious gift we could have and He doesn't want any of the glory. Because St. Nicolas was such a good example of Jesus we carry on his tradition during Christmas time to help us remember the wonderful gifts Jesus has given to us.
So you see I do believe in Santa, I believe in the spirit of him, I believe we all should be a lot more like him, because if we would we would be a lot more like our Savior, Jesus Christ. So Santa and Christ-mas go hand in hand I will always believe!!!
Friday, November 14, 2008
First off these are the scenes of Halloween.
Constance is in 5th grade and thinks she's the ONLY (drama)girl in her WHOLE class that doesn't shave her legs. She is always asking if she can start to shave. I keep putting it off. Well one day I got sick of hearing about it so I sorta gave in. I decided to have a spa day at home with her. And we waxed her legs thinking this would get it out of her system. I thought I would put her through so much pain she'd not ever care if she had hair on legs. At least for a couple of years. Well it backfired on me.
Here are some pictures of the day.
Jason and I have been working on our first addition to our house. Can you believe we are already making additions when we don't even have the whole house done yet. Well this one is all for Jason. He has so many clothes we didn't have enough room in our closet so he kicked me out (of the closet that is) and built a new one for me. The first picture is for Mandy who wanted some ideas how to organize jewelry so necklaces don't tangle.
So that's where we've been now that we are "out of the closet" (pardon the pun I couldn't help it) I may be posting more.
Friday, October 24, 2008
A closer inspection and I notice it's not a mess at all!! It's an imagination at work. I love it when I see things through my kids eyes.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
It's a good thing Jamie knew how to use them. I told her I'd pay for the gas since she was driving. She started to pump the gas and I gave her my debit card. Well you guessed it there's not slot for the card I'll admit I was a little confused. So I go in the gas station hoping they take debit cards. I walk in and there is no one in the store, all the lights are on but not a person to be found. Not a noise. I yelled "Hello" still no one. I yell again not a sound. My imagination starts get away from me, is some on in the back hurt? All the scary scenario's playing in my mind!! Jamie's walks in and I tell her no one is here. I see an ATM in the corner, should I get the cash and just leave it on the counter with a note? I yell one more time and then a skinny, straggly hair, snaggle toothed lady comes out of the back. I look at her hands to see if they might have blood on them. Nope all clean -what a relief. I give her my debit card she runs it through all is well and I get the heck out of there. Oh safe on the road again. We made it to our hotel safe and sound. Sunday we got up and ready and went to our meetings. Good meetings and good to meet new people. On our way home (we didn't get lost thank you) we see this
In a pasture. It gave us a good laugh we pulled over and took a picture. That camel turned, looked at us and posed I'm not even kidding!
So if this first trip is at all a preview as to how the rest of our trips will be then bring it on. I am so looking forward to it. It was great!!!
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Here's a little bit of info about me:
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
Mrs. Elizabeth (Betty) M. Simons
Born: July 09, 1920
Died: September 26, 2008
Mrs. Elizabeth (Betty) M. Simons, age 88, left this world on Friday, September 26, 2008 for her Eternal home where she rejoined her husband Kenneth; the day before their 68th Wedding Anniversary. For over 60 years Ken and Betty were members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in the Grand Rapids area. Betty held several leadership positions in the Women’s Relief Society Organization of LDS Church. She will be remembered for her love of dancing, and once danced at the World’s Fair in Chicago. Betty attended Oakland University School of Fine Arts where she received a Master’s Certificate in China painting and also enjoyed her lapidary work. She will be dearly missed by her children, Connie (John) Hasek, Charley (Cindy) Simons, and Bill (Anita) Simons; 18 grandchildren; 37 great grandchildren; her sisters-in-law Mrs. Geraldine Rodamer and Mrs. Patricia Walcott; and several nieces and nephews. Interment will be at the Plainfield Township Cemetery.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Monday, September 15, 2008
Wow, 13 lucky years.
Thank you Jason for loving me. I have been so blessed to have you. Thank you for giving me the two most wonderful kids. Thank you for loving our kids and spending time with them. Thank you for always being patient with me especially when I am not patient. Thank you for being such a hard worker and loving to provide for our family. Thank you for being so good looking (even if you're missing a "few" hairs, I'm sure I'm the one who made them fall out)Thank you for kissing me every day. Thank you for building us a house with your own two hands, (some day it will be done and beautiful). Thank you for having a Testimony of our Savior, and being a worthy Priesthood holder. Thank you for doing the laundry when you see that I have been slacking (every day). Thank you for finding a way to give me everything I want even if I am being a brat. Thank you for supporting me in my many time consuming church callings. Thank you for rubbing my feet and thinking my feet are cute. Thank you for telling me I'm pretty even when I haven't brushed my hair or I have baby boogers and spit up all over me.
I love you Jason. Happy Anniversary!!!
Am I Lucky or what!?!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
In our family we have a tradition that on your b-day you get to have what ever you want for dinner. So I asked Emmitt what he wanted a few days before his big day. I always expect them to tell me what they want me to fix, but for some reason they always say where they want to go. (What, am I really that bad of a cook?!?!) So Emmitt says he wants to go to Young's it's a fun Japanese resturant where they cook at your table. It was great. Good Choice Emmitt!!! Also the kids get to pick what kind of cake they want again I expect them to tell me what kind they want me to make and usually that's not what they want. So when I ask Emm what he wants he say's you'll need to get together with Kim 'cause I want a big cookie (for those who don't know Kim is known for her yummy cookies - she's the best) well my heart breaks and I relize that my kids have no faith in my cooking abilities, what kind of mom am I?!?!?! Here is our conversation:
Me : Really, Emmitt I don't need Kim I can do it.
Emmitt: Well mom, I really think you better get together with Kim.
Me: (my heart breaking and a quiver in my voice) I know I can do it. It will be the best big cookie you've ever had.
Emmitt: (noticing that my feelings are hurt) Okay mom you can do it. (with a look in his eyes that say, well there goes my b-day "cake")
Notice the pictures above see the cookie. Looks really good huh, so there I can do it. I love ya Kim but I didn't need you. Okay let's be honest now. Let me just say it's a really good thing Emmitt loves cookie dough.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Four Random Things I Like About My Husband
1. I like that he rubs my feet.
2. I like that he is such a hard worker.
3. I like that he is a goof ball and not afraid to show it.
4. I like that he is whipped and not afraid to show it!
Four Jobs I Have Had
1. Ticket taker at Missouri Stat Fair
2. In the Kitchen at a retirement home
3. Waitress at Hotel Nauvoo
4. Being a Mom
Four Movies I Have Watched More Than Once
1. The Princess Bride
2. Pride and Prejudice
3. Almost Heaven
4. Sweet home Alabama
Four Places I Have Lived
1. Tomball, TX
2. Smithton, MO twice
3. Moberly, MO
4. Nauvoo, IL
Four TV Shows I Have Watched
2. little embarrassed to admit this but: The Hills
3. Dora the explorer- I loved that show I'm sad my kids are grown up now and I don't have and excuse to watch it anymore. I love in the theme song it say "boots is super cool and so is Laura" what that is what it says! Right?
4. ??? I don't watch much TV
Four Places I Have Been Most Recently
1. Ahhh - Lake Michigan
3. Iowa City
Four People Who E-mail Me Regularly
1. Mom Hasek
2. Sir SPAM
Four Favorite Foods
1. Anything Mexican
2. Anything Chocolate
3. Anything my mom makes except liver
4. Domino's Pizza
Four Places I'd Like To Visit
1. Paris - with Constance
3. Czech Republic
Four Things I Am Looking Forward To This Year
1. More progress on the house
2. Emmitt turning 12 and getting the priesthood (next sunday)
3. being more organized
4. Twilight movie
Four People I Tag
Monday, August 18, 2008
This was a little side trip Jason wanted to do while we were in Michigan. It really is a town in MI with a post office inside a souvenir shop and an ice cream shop. That is all that is there. It was a really hot day, how appropriate.
Well now that we've got that out of our system you should expect only saintly behavior from us for now on.
Friday, August 15, 2008
While I was in Michigan with my Sister we were blessed to spend a day with our Grandma, what a fun and lovely lady she is. I love listening to her stories (even the ones that have a little embellishment added). At one point she got talking about her tap dancing days. As she was talking about some of the dances she did I noticed her feet moving in the steps to the dance. I asked her to show us some of her fancy foot work and she was more than happy to oblige. In this video you will see her do some steps (while sitting) to a dance she remembers after all these years. This woman amazes and inspires me!!
I love you Grandma
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
The next week Jason and the kids came up and spent the next week at the cottage, we had a blast going to the beach each day, and a taking a few side trips. Stay tuned I'll have more posts coming with some detailed happenings from our trip.
Friday, July 25, 2008
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Here are the rules:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you!
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Here is what you do: copy & paste the list & bold the things you've done!
1. Touched an iceberg
2. Slept under the stars
3. Been a part of a hockey fight
4. Changed a baby’s diaper
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Swam with wild dolphins
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a tarantula
10. Said “I love you” and meant it
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Stayed up all night long and watched the sun rise
15. Seen the Northern Lights
16. Gone to a huge sports game
17. Walked the stairs to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown and eaten your own vegetables
19. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
20. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Bet on a winning horse
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Taken an ice cold bath
28. Had a meaningful conversation with a beggar
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Ridden a roller coaster
31. Hit a home run
32. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking
33. Adopted an accent for fun
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Felt very happy about your life, even for just a moment
36. Loved your job 90% of the time
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Watched wild whales
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Gone on a midnight walk on the beach
41. Gone sky diving
42. Visited Ireland
43. Ever bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited India
45. Bench-pressed your own weight
46. Milked a cow
47. Alphabetized your personal files
48. Ever worn a superhero costume
49. Sung karaoke
50. Lounged around in bed all day
51. Gone scuba diving
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Done something you should regret, but don’t
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Been in a movie
60. Gone without food for 3 days
61. Made cookies from scratch
62. Won first prize in a costume contest
63. Got flowers for no reason
64. Been in a combat zone
65. Spoken more than one language fluently
66. Gotten into a fight while attempting to defend someone
67. Bounced a check
68. Read - and understood - your credit report
69. Recently bought and played with a favorite childhood toy
70. Found out something significant that your ancestors did
71. Called or written your Congress person
72. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
73. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
74. Helped an animal give birth
75. Been fired or laid off from a job
76. Won money
77. Broken a bone
78. Ridden a motorcycle
79. Driven any land vehicle at a speed of greater than 100 mph
80. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
81. Slept through an entire flight: takeoff, flight, and landing
82. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
83. Eaten sushi
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read The Bible cover to cover
86. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about
87. Gotten someone fired for their actions
88. Gone back to school
89. Changed your name -Last name
90. Caught a fly in the air with your bare hands
91. Eaten fried green tomatoes
92. Read The Iliad
93. Taught yourself an art from scratch
94. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
95. Apologized to someone years after inflicting the hurt
96. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
97. Been elected to public office
98. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream
99. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
100. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you
101. Had a booth at a street fair
102. Dyed your hair
103. Been a DJ
104. Rocked a baby to sleep
105. Dropped a cat from a high place to see if it really lands on all fours
106. Raked your carpet
107. Brought out the best in people
108. Brought out the worst in people
109. Worn a mood ring
110. Ridden a horse
111. Carved an animal from a piece of wood or bar of soap
112. Cooked a dish where four people asked for the recipe
113. Buried a child
114. Gone to a Broadway (or equivalent to your country) play
115. Been inside the pyramids
116. Shot a basketball into a basket
117. Danced at a disco
118. Played in a band
119. Shot a bird
120. Gone to an arboretum
121. Tutored someone
122. Ridden a train
123. Brought an old fad back into style
124. Eaten caviar
125. Let a salesman talk you into something you didn’t need
126. Ridden a giraffe or elephant
127. Published a book
128. Pieced a quilt
129. Lived in an historic place
130. Acted in a play or performed on a stage
131. Asked for a raise
132. Made a hole-in-one -(if minature golf counts)
133. Gone deep sea fishing
134. Gone roller skating
135. Run a marathon
136. Learned to surf
137. Invented something
138. Flown first class
139. Spent the night in a 5-star luxury suite
140. Flown in a helicopter
141. Visited Africa
142. Sang a solo
143. Gone spelunking
144. Learned how to take a compliment
145. Written a love-story
146. Seen Michelangelo’s David
147. Had your portrait painted
148. Written a fan letter
149. Spent the night in something haunted
150. Owned a St. Bernard or Great Dane
151. Ran away -to the end of the drive way
152. Learned to juggle
153. Been a boss
154. Sat on a jury
155. Lied about your weight
156. Gone on a diet
157. Found an arrowhead or a gold nugget
158. Written a poem
159. Carried your lunch in a lunchbox
160. Gotten food poisoning
161. Gone on a service, humanitarian or religious mission
162. Hiked the Grand Canyon
163. Sat on a park bench and fed the ducks
164. Gone to the opera
165. Gotten a letter from someone famous
166. Worn knickers
167. Ridden in a limousine
168. Attended the Olympics
169. Can hula or waltz
170. Read a half dozen Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys books
171. Been stuck in an elevator
172. Had a revelatory dream
173. Thought you might crash in an airplane
174. Had a song dedicated to you on the radio or at a concert
175. Saved someone’s life
176. Eaten raw whale
177. Know how to tat, smock or do needlepoint
178. Laughed till your side hurt
179. Straddled the equator
180. Taken a photograph of something other than people that is worth framing
181. Gone to a Shakespeare Festival
182. Sent a message in a bottle
183. Spent the night in a hostel - if that should be a hotel then yes
184. Been a cashier
185. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
186. Joined a union
187. Donated blood or plasma
188. Built a campfire
189. Kept a blog
190. Had hives
191. Worn custom made shoes or boots
192. Made a PowerPoint presentation
193. Taken a Hunter’s Safety Course
194. Served at a soup kitchen
195. Conquered the Rubik’s cube
196. Know CPR
197. Ridden in or owned a convertible
198. Found a long lost friend
199. Helped solve a crime
200. Responded to a NJP newsletter
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Here are the directions-
1. Pick up the nearest book, turn to page 123
2. Find the 5th paragraph
3. Find the 5th sentence in that paragraph
4. Post the 5th sentence
5. Tag 5 people
Here is mine:
I can't do anything right. My page 123 doesn't have 5 paragraphs, so I'll post the last sentence.
"He isn't a baby any more, he is a boy; and both mother and father get the signals from his growing brain and body that he's a fine little fellow in the making.
From: "So You Want to Raise A Boy" by Cleon Skousen
Jenny Skousen - (good book huh)
Monday, July 14, 2008
- How many people do you know with your name? Growing up I only knew one other Laura, but now I know of at least 5, 3 of which have liven here in this small town
- What are all of your plans for today and tonight? Well my day is more than half way over this should be easy. Make Jason some dinner, yes it 8:00 and we haven't eaten yet, clean the kitchen, read scriptures with the kids get the kids to bed, watch a move with Jason, go to bed.
- Which would you rather watch football or baseball? Baseball ... only if Emmitt is playing
- What's something you really want right now? Someone to come decorate my house
- Do you plan out your day before it begins? Not usually, only if there is a lot of things going on
- What was your first thought when you woke up this morning? I really need to get to bed earlier
- Do you wet the toothbrush before the toothpaste? yes, it's gross if I don't
- Did someone make you mad today? Not today
- What are you doing tomorrow? Hopefully playing with the kids in the pool it's going to be a hot one.
- Ever kissed someone who smokes? Nope, but I have kissed some one who chewed, but not when he had been chewing
- Do you wear glasses? 20/20
- Where did you get the underwear you are wearing right now? ...take a guess...
- When is your birthday? Dec. 11
- What were you doing at 8:00 this morning? Just getting to the Temple to work
- What were you doing 30 minutes ago? I was in the shower
- Last place you took a plane to? Mexico (??)
- How do you feel about the person who texted you last? I think it was Emmitt and I LOVE him
- Have you ever been around someone who was high? Not that I am aware of, but I'm pretty naive
- Are you a jealous person? About some things, yes
- Are you tired right now? No,
- Do you chew on your straws? I'm with Katy on this one...only if I have an empty cup with a straw in front of me for an extended period of time I really like juice box straws.
- What's your favorite room in your house? Kitchen, not because I like to cook 'cause I don't I like my Kitchen 'case it's the most decorated
- Last inbox message from? inbox for email...Lori...inbox for cell phone... Jason
- How many children do you plan on having? I think I am giving up on planning on having any more, but we have two great kids
- Is your hair curly? No but I do have some annoying little fuzzy "horns" on the sides of my forehead that really get out of control when it's humid, which is all the time
- Who was at your house last? Diane came to pick up her kids that spent the day with us
- Are you able to climb a chain link fence? Again, I am with Katy on this one...If someone was chasing me and taunting me with their bare feet...I probably could...but if it was just like...'hey, lets climb this chain link fence for the fun of it'...then probably no
- Who's car were you in last? mine...
- Last movie you went to see? Kit Kittredge
- Are you ashamed of your past? Not one minute of it
- Where does your grandma live? Grand Rapids MI
- Will you kiss the last person you kissed again? If he's lucky.... Just kidding , Heck ya I will I hope to be kissing him for ever and ever.
- Are you texting right now? nope
- Do you trust people? For the most part yes, I probley should be more cautious
- Have you ever cried from being so mad? Oh this makes me so mad, I cry every time I get mad and it totally ruins my argument 'cause I look like a stupid cry baby, I'm about to cry right now because I'm so mad at this question.
- Have you ever played a Wii? Actually no, I know I want one though
- What woke you up this morning? Jason when he got up, but then I fell back asleep and then the alarm woke me up
- When you shut off your alarm clock, do you tend to fall back asleep? Yes, and then it's that really good deep sleep and then I don't want to wake back up when the alarm goes off again, I should just get up when it goes off the first time.
- Where are your siblings right now? Good question... here goes, Lafayette IN, Cumming GA, Lindon UT, Bristol VA, 2 in Nauvoo IL, Ft. Madison IA, DesMoines IA, Cypress CA
- Do you have any tattoos? Nope
- Last place you ordered food from? Mazzio's Pizza on SaturdayYUMM
- What high school did/do you attend? Moberly High & Smithton
- What are you excited for? Vacation 12 more days
- What did you do last night? Went to in-laws for dinner
- Last song you sang? "Teach Me to Walk in the Light"- closing song in R.S. Sunday
- If you could change your eye color what would it be? Blue
- What color are your eyes? Poopy hazel
- Whats the longest you have talked on the phone to someone? I'm sure it was 4 hours talking to Jason when I still lived at the farm when we were dating
- How many 20 dollar bills do you have on you right now? 0
- Do you have any friends that you've known for 10 years or more? ...yes, lots...
- Do you know how to drive a stick shift? No I have been taught, but I would not risk my life, or any ones life who may be in the car with me or on the road or the side walks or even in buildings along the road that I would be driving on, therefore I will walk if I really needed something and only a stick shift was available
- Anything hurt on your body right now? Nothing
- When was the last time you laughed? Saturday, we were out shopping at Menards and Emmitt did what he calls his Skoggles, He pushes the lenses of his glasses close to his eyes then squints his eyes so his eyebrows and his cheeks wrap around his glasses, his face is so funny I can't help but crack up, so he's walking around the store looking at people to see what they will do. Funny kid!!!
- Have you ever been stalked? I seriously think I have been, When we live in Keokuk right after we got married there was a guy that I saw everywhere I went. He'd be outside our apartment, outside the school I was going to, at every store I went to, he often would make eye contact with me but never said a word, I was so freaked out. I gave my mom, and Jason a detailed description if anything ever happened to me, After i told them I never saw him again, I'm sure my man took care of him. HA
- What was the last thing you cried about? Not sure
- What are you drinking? Nothing but I do want a water
- Is your shirt new? about 2 yrs. old
- Do you read often? yes
- The last person you fought with? Probley Jason, he's the only one I could say I fight with, I let everyone else walk all over me
- Name something that's on your mind right now? Is anyone still reading this?
- Who do you really want to see right now? Mark and Beth's new baby, Parker
- Are you pregnant? I already discussed that
- Do you swear a lot? Never
- Who was the last person you shared a bed with? Jason Duh
- What are you currently listening to? The refrigerator humming
- Have the cops ever came to your house? Yep, once cause the leaves we were burning were still smoking at midnight. Funny story, I'll have to tell you about it sometime. Now the cops come once a month to deliver the minutes for Jason's City Council meetings they stay and talk for a while it's always fun to see the cars drive by looking to see what could be going on at Skog's house. We joke that sometime we should really play it up.
- Who's your last missed call? A telemarketer
- Where do you want to go? Paris
- Do you always wear your seat belt? Usually
- Who did you last shoot a dirty look at? Probably Jason at his parents house last night, but I really don't know
- What kind of dog do you have? Maltese
- Do you drink beer? Never even tried it, I can't understand how anyone can get past the smell of the stuff, I've never met anyone who actually like it the first time they tried it.
- Where did you buy the shirt you're wearing now? Dillards
- What is something you need to go shopping for? House stuff, siding, trim, baseboards, ...
- Do you have any tan lines? ...yes, big ones
- Do you remember the name of your kindergarten teacher? Mrs. Hughes
- When you're at the grocery store do you use the self checkout? Only if I have a few items and nothing needs to be weighed
- Has anyone ever sang to you? Yes
- Has anyone ever given you roses? Yes
- If you were abandoned in the wilderness, would you survive? I like to think I would
- Have you done something bad today? Laid out in the sun
- What was the last thing you ate? Cheese stick
- When was the last time you really cried your heart out? The other night watching "Bridge to Terabithia"
- When was the last time you hugged someone and who was it? Tonight, Jason for working on the siding
- Are you normally a happy person?.Yes
- How many months are there until your birthday? 5
- Do you own any kind of yellow clothing? I don't think so
- What's your favorite season of the year? Summer Bring on the heat and the humidity
- Do you like cheese?...Yes
- What is your current mood?...Happy
- Are your best friends still your best friends? Yes, otherwise they wouldn't be best friends
Well that was a whole hour of my life hope you enjoyed it.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
The article says it all. Except Jason is the Coach on the far right not in the middle!!
We finished our regular season with a record of 10-4 not too bad if I may say so. We are now in all stars tournaments. We got second place in our first Tournament hosted by Keokuk. Now wer are playing in a Warsaw tournament. We won our first game and the second game is on Friday. We'll keep you posted.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
They had a great time. Emmitt worked hard and earned 5 merit badges He got 3rd place in the belly flop contest and has the bruises to prove it (see photo of his belly) What a man!! He was so proud.
Jason was in his element loving every minute of camp. I'm glad they are home. And I am really glad Jason got all the laundry done already. I hate the smell of camp fire on all their stuff.
Friday, July 4, 2008
So this independence day was the best ever. It was the end of my week long independence. As many of you know this week I was home all alone. Jason and Emmitt were at scout camp and Constance went to a camp with her cousin all week. I was looking forward to having this week all to myself. I had plans to go to the spa, clean the house, read, take long hot bubble baths. Wow how a week can fly by. My week started off great. My dear friends Alison and Jenny came all the way from Moberly, Mo to visit me for the day. We had a great time visiting and catching up, I was so sad to see them go. As soon as they left it sunk in that I was all alone. The rest of my week flew by way too fast. I had something going on every minute, some good things like going over to mom and dad's for dinner, and going out with Kim and Val one night. Then some not so great things like dentist appt. and the never ending responsibilities of being a Relief Society Pres., and having apartments and horrible tenants. Two nights this week I was woke up by the phone ringing at 2:00 a.m. (you know when the phone rings at that hour it's never good news so your heart starts pounding) well it was one of our tenants complaining that another tenant was being too loud, I told him that Jason was at scout camp and there was nothing I could do about it, and he needed to call the police because they were disturbing the peace. He seriously told me he didn't want to bother them at this time of night. What?!? Did he really think I was up and he wouldn't be bothering me? So after telling him 3 times I was really sorry that I couldn't do anything he starts chatting with me about stupid stuff. I had to remind him that was 2:00 a.m. and I was sleeping. He said Oh sorry about that, then I just hung up the phone. He called again two nights later. Needless to say I didn't even answer the phone. The nerve of some people.
Well I didn't make it to the spa, I didn't even open a book, the house didn't get that deep cleaning I was hoping to do, and the closest thing I got to a bubble bath was when I was showering I noticed the water wasn't draining, because the drain was plugged. So my feet got a nice little bubble bath.
Thank goodness Constance came home today, and this week alone is now over!!! Maybe now I will get some peace, rest and relaxation.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Favorite Hobby: Reading
Favorite Actor/ Actress: Tom Hanks